November 13, 2009

Shower Cookies


I’m so proud of the dexterous man I married, I have to share this. My mom and I hosted Elizabeth Hanson’s church bridal shower on Tuesday evening. Trying my hardest to facilitate what little creative abilities I have, I sought the inventive flair of Ms. Martha Stewart, and borrowed her idea of the umbrella sugar cookie. It was, after all, a shower. When it occurred to me that it was going to be a challenge locating an umbrella shaped cookie cutter (its unlikelihood seemed impossible to me when I incidentally found a cookie cutter online in the shape of a fetus ... but we’ll save that for her baby shower), my husband proposed making one for me. A rainy trip to Home Depot for a scrap of sheet metal resulted in a fine piece of art. Well done, Mark, well done.


3 comments: