March 27, 2011

A Year of Good Things

I am not surprised to find that my last blog post was made over a year ago. I think I alluded in my first entry to the expectation that I would not be able to keep this thing up. Surprise. A great deal has happened between March 2010 and March 2011 – too much to share in a single, readable post. Sometimes Mark and I can hardly believe that a year and a half has already passed since we were married. Sometimes it feels like it has always been this way. The intention of this blog was to keep a sort of documentation of our married life happenings, because I think (now more than ever) that these things should be written down. It was in a conversation with a dear friend the other night that it hit me … I’m going to want to remember things like new jobs, Disney World trips, and caved in ceilings. So here’s a little list of the latest in the Maricle household:


Shortly after my last blog post I got a new job. After bittersweet goodbyes to the girls of Dragonfly Greetings, I left my delightful workplace of nearly five years and entered the financial world of Crooks & Co. in Oregon City. I could not ask for more wonderful people to work for and with. Alex and Amy are fabulous.


We celebrated one year of being married in Disney World. There was a terrific thunderstorm the night of our anniversary. The streets of Frontierland were flooded.

We took a trip to Astoria for Mark’s birthday in January. We stayed at the Benjamin Young Inn – a charming Victorian home built in 1888 made into a bed and breakfast. Carolyn Hammer, your baked pears and your hospitality cannot be matched.

We spent spring break with my grandparents in Boise, Idaho. Mark shot and killed rabbits. It was heartwarming.

The ceiling over our kitchen table gave way after several weeks of rain. Our landlord goes into the attic frequently to patch holes … we don’t feel encouraged.

However! We have been pre-approved for a home loan! This week marks the beginning of our search for our first house together.

1 comment: